If we inspire you and you'd love to be a part of our amazing ever growing team we would love to hear from you.
Contact email@example.com with your portfolio, cover letter and CV to apply.
Menswear Atelier Technical Designer & Product Developer
As a Menswear Technical Designer, your role is to cover the entire product development process from concept to finished sample for production. You will be responsible for generating new and innovative ideas, expanding our product offering whilst maintaining luxury standards that are aligned with the Seventh aesthetic. The suitable candidate is a highly organised and driven individual, with a keen passion for luxury fashion and design innovation. You’ll be results driven, have strong attention to details, with the object focus of growing Seventh’s product offering with the customer needs always in mind.
What you’ll be doing:
- Oversee and execute the entire design process, from concept, fabric development, pattern development, techpack development, sample creation and production finalisation.
- Extensive research concept development, fabric innovation and garment construction based on seasonal brief from Creative Director & CCO.
- Demonstrate a strong design identity in line with Seventh aesthetics, provide a sense of colours and strong attention to detail.
- Develop design concepts through research, sourcing, drape and other relevant experimentations.
- To lead the garment technology process; from the initial creation of the design tech packs to issuing detailed technical information and garment specifications.
- Produce clear and detailed technical packs and build sketch libraries.
- Attend and lead fittings to ensure design intention, silhouette and proportion is correctly executed and fir comments are communicated, with consideration of wearability, sales commerciality and production capability.
- To execute final patterns and toiles for all selected garments per season.
- Manage sampling amendments and development to ensure the factory delivers the best quality garments that are true to specification in alignment with the critical path and flow of the work room.
- To lead and execute grading rules for production.
- To actively take ownership of garment quality and delivery. Manage and rectify failures, ensure high quality standards are met and maintained.
- Engage in product risk assessment, highlight areas of concern and advise technical solutions and product improvements across existing and new products.
- Monitor returns and faulty products and provide technical solutions for the factory to follow.
- Advise customer service team on product related complaints.
- Experience in a premium to luxury brands, or comparable retailers working at a Design and product development capacity.
- Able to demonstrate relevant professional experience/professional or academic qualifications including a certifiable design qualification specialising in Menswear.
- Ability to influence & communicate effectively, with excellent people skills.
- Ability to research thoroughly into the seasonal directions and suggest new ideas suitable for the Seventh aesthetic while demonstrating a high level of awareness.
- Strong organisational skills and ability to work within a team, independently and a fast-paced individual meeting tight deadlines.
- Proficient in Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Wide technical knowledge; Understanding of garment design, garment construction, product development and finishing.
- Excellent eye for detail and quality.
- Please apply by sending your Cover Letter, CV and Portfolio of your work to firstname.lastname@example.org